- representing Romania’s interests in the political, economic and cultural environments in which it operates;
- promoting Romania’s political and economic goals at local government level, political leaders, media, etc.;
- stimulating the development of relations and facilitating economic and commercial contacts between Romanian and foreign companies, as well as the recommendation of economic agents in the consular district and supporting the conclusion of commercial contracts;
- providing business information and opportunities in Romania;
- promoting cooperation between representatives of Romanian communities at local level;
- fostering dialogue and cooperation between local communities and Romania;
transmission of information on developments in the commercial, economic, cultural-scientific field in the consular district in which it operates;
- disseminating information about Romania in local communities and mass media;
- providing assistance and advice to Romanian citizens in special situations;
- the recommendation of lawyers to support the interests of Romanian natural and legal persons in judicial and administrative proceedings opened in the consular district;
- promoting the Romanian cultural phenomenon in the environments in which it operates;
- stimulating cooperation between Romanian and foreign universities.
The full authority, duties and responsibilities for the position are available on request.